Thursday, March 02, 2006

Welcome to the Opening Post of The Glass Eye

Those of you who have frequented my other blogs, Timberland Braes among them, know that I am often slow to post. My guess is that my habits will not differ here.

The intent of this blog is to educate myself and my readers on different aspects of photography, whether that be how to take a better photo or what equipment to carry in your bag. And this means that much of what I post here will require research, and possible camera work, on my part, as well.

For those of you who don't know, I am an amateur nature photographer. My preferred equipment, both digital and film is Canon. Currently, my digital slr is a Canon EOS 20D, my film body is a Canon 5E (European equivalent of the Canon A2E). I also use an Olympus E20 digital camera (mostly for macro photography and artistic shots), and, on very rare occassions, an Olympus C720. While it is slow, the latter was my first digital camera, a gift from my father, and fits nicely into a pocket.

Obviously, I lean greatly in favour of Canon and Olympus, however, I try to keep up on the Nikon side of things as well. So, whenever I discuss something equipment specific, I will try to cover the options in all three lines.

More posts to follow.

No comments: